Sunday, November 3, 2013

REVIEW, PHOTOS AND SWATCHES: BareMinerals Mineral Veil

Hello beauty friends! (: I am back with yet another beauty product review and this is something that I started using a few weeks ago but I have fallen head over heals in love with it (:


I got this product from Sephora because I wanted to try a new powder and I am already familiar with BareMinerals products so I felt confident in my purchase (:


This is the translucent powder that I used to set my foundation everyday. It comes in some other "flavors" but I chose the hydrating veil because my skin tends to get a little dry throughout the day

So when I first opened it there were instructions on how to use it (as if I did not know (: ). I long since discarded them but I'll give you the run down..

When you first open the powder the part that encases the powder is closed so that it does not get loose and make a mess


In order to open it you have to twist the top part to the left.


Then afterwards you just tap the powder into the top and buff it over your face after you apply your foundation to set it.

So on the the actual review (:

The thing that I like about this powder is that it it is really light. It did not make my face feel heavy or weigh it down. It also keeps my foundation from sliding off my face during the day which is the most important part of powder in my opinion.


As you can see the color is much lighter than my skin tone but the great thing is that this blends in and also leaves a very subtle shimmer. 


This is the same swatch blended and you can't really see it in the picture but there is a bit of a shimmer on my hand.

Another great thing about this powder is that it keep my face from feeling dry and tight during the day which tends to happen when I use other powders.

The only thing that I would warn you guys about is remembering to close the powder encasing before you store this powder away because if you do not this powder will get EVERYWHERE and it is killer to clean up.

Overall this is a really amazing powder and I will probably be repurchasing this because I am almost out of it (:

So the way that I use this is after I apply my foundation I just take my Becca One Perfecting Brush and I tap a good amount of the powder into the top. Then I just dab my brush into the powder and dust it along my T-Zone.

Another thing I need to warn you all about is not to use too much of this powder because if you do it can turn out a bit cakey but only if you go way overboard with it (:

Okay guys that is it for this post!

Be safe and I will see you in my next post! (:

Lets be friends!!

No comments:

Post a Comment