Winter care needs special attention, especially if you live in the regions where the winters are strong. It’s not a hard task to have a right winter care for your skin though, all you need is to develop a certain routine.
Here are some tips to help you understand what exactly your skin needs in winter:
- Drink enough water. Any moisturizer won’t help you, if your body is dehydrated. Remember to keep your water consumption between 6 and 8 glasses a day
- Use creamy, gentle, non-fragrance facial wash. Fresh and antibacterial ones are a good bet for summer, but in winter they will irritate the dry skin. Washing is one of the main steps of facial care, so make sure that your soap will make your skin feel comfortable in winter.
- Wash with warm water, not hot. When you wash with the hot water when it’s cold outside, you get the risk of breaking capillaries and damaging your skin.
- Use the sun protection even in winter. The sun didn't disappear and the snow also affects, so use the cream with SPF filter.
- Pick a winter lip balm, the one with sun screen will be perfect. Make sure that in contains natural oils to soften your tender skin and prevent cracking.
- Buy a good moisturizing cream, the one for winter will be best. Even if you don’t use
- the moisturizer in warm seasons, in winter your skin really needs it. Pick the one that contains as little chemicals as possible, and let it be fragrance-free.
- Don’t take hot showers. Of course, in winter you’re willing to make the water as hot as possible, but remember that it dries your skin. Warm water will be much healthier alternative.
- Dress accordingly. Always dress to feel yourself comfortable in low temperature. Get dressed in layers - it will help you to keep heat.
- Don’t keep the air temperature too high. Hot air dries your skin as well as hot water does. So, turn down the heat up to the point you feel comfortable.
Your hands also need special care! We wash hands more often that we wash face, that’s why they are even more dehydrated. To prevent skin crackling, use hand cream after every wash. Grab the gloves every time you go out - but make sure they don’t irritate your skin.In winter our skin needs special care as well as special attitude. But it’s up to you to keep the skin moisturized and healthy looking!About the author: Melisa Marzett is a writer for guest posting service. She is a curious person keen on learning something new. She is interested in new trends, fashion and sharing her beauty tips.