Saturday, November 2, 2013

HOW TO: Make Drinking Water Easier

Hello beauty friends! I am back with another post and this one is going to sound a little weird but trust me it will all make sense in due time!


So, water (: it is so important for our hair and skin and overall health. However, a lot of people say the reason that they do not always drink enough water is because it's hard. It does not taste good or it does not taste like anything at all. Well this post is going to help those of you who hate drinking water because I am going to give you a few tips on how to make drinking water easier! (:

Fun Fact (: you should be drinking half of your body weight in ounces of water every day

ex. I weigh 150 lbs half of that is 75 and if you divide that by 16 (the number of ounces in an Arrowhead water bottle) you get 4.6. So I should be drinking 4 and a half bottles of water a day (:

So let's get started

Tip #1: Drink cold water

I know that sometimes when we are in a hurry we will just grab a bottle of water that has been sitting in the kitchen and run out the door but in my experience drinking water has been more pleasant when the water is cold. Not frozen solid but has at least been introduced to a refrigerator. I try to make sure that I always have at least three bottle of water in my refrigerator before I go to bed at night that way in the morning I am not stuck with a water bottle that is at room temperature which brings my to my next tip...

Tip #2: Bring your own water bottle or water container

What I think is the biggest problem when it comes to drinking water is people do not bring their own bottles. Then they tell themselves that they will stop at the water fountain or that they will buy one whenever they get where they are going but they never do! Then they go through the whole day without drinking water because that kept putting off getting a bottle. I have found that keeping my own bottle of water with me encourages me to drink water throughout the day.

Tip #3: Try flavoring your water


In my opinion the taste of water should not be a problem when it comes to people drinking it because now a days there are so many ways to change the flavor of water. Crystal Light has powdered flavoring that you can add to water also Dasani and Mio water flavoring drops that are available at nearly every store. Some would argue that this does not count because now you are adding sugar however water is water no matter what you put in it.

Tip #4 Try using a straw

Okay this may seem like a strange tip but I know that for me drinking becomes so much funner when I use a straw. I forget that I am drinking water because I can't see it and before i know it I need to grab another bottle (:

Tip #5 Keep it in your sight at all times

You know that phrase "out of sight, out of mind" well it is surprisingly true. If you keep your water in you purse or backpack there is a greater chance that you will forget about it. Keep it on your desk at work when you're there, stick it in your cup holder while you're driving just make sure that it is always in your sight and you will be more tempted to drink it

Okay guys that's it! (:

Do you drink water everyday? Has it ever been really hard for you? Tell me about it in the comments below (:

I hope these tips help you drink more water as they have most certainly helped me to

That is it for this post!

Be safe and I will see you in my next post!

 Lets be friends!!

No comments:

Post a Comment