Tuesday, November 5, 2013

HEY CURLY GIRLS, LETS TALK: Deep Conditioning

Hello beauty friends (: I am back with another post in the Hey Curly Girls Let's Talk series and this post is going to be all about deep conditioning. Now since most of use already know what deep conditioning is this post is going to have a brief explanation and then it will be a ramble of my favorite deep conditioners for curly hair (:

So lets get started!

Deep conditioning is really important because that is when moisture really penetrates into your hair shaft and moisturizes your hair. This is especially important for curly hair because it tends to be drier than other types of hair and that is because of the texture. It is harder for the natural oils that your body produces to get all the way down your hair

So when it comes to deep conditioning it really depends on what your hair needs. If your hair is really dry and damaged then you should probably deep condition once or twice a week. If your hair is a little more oily then once every two weeks or once a month. However, you do not want to deep condition your hair everyday, unless specified, because a lot of deep conditioners tend to have a lot of protein and too much protein can cause your hair to break off.

So onto my favorite deep conditioners! (:

My all time favorite deep conditioner of course is a DIY conditioner that I do myself and you can find both of those conditioners here (:


Next up is my second favorite conditioner from Shea Moisture (:


I love Shea Moisture's products and this is no exception! It really moisturizes my hair and makes it feel so amazing but if you want a full review you can view it here! (:

This next conditioner has eased it's way into my heart and I believe I have found my new true love (: it's from DermOrganic


This is one of those deep conditioners that specifies that it is okay for everyday use. So I used it everyday until I used it all up and I have to say that my hair felt so amazing afterwards every time that I used it. Also I did feel like it moisturized my hair but more important than that my hair felt healthier (:

So I really do recommend this conditioner and I will have a full review up soon!

The last conditioner that I am going to mention in the post is another daily conditioner and it is by Ion


So for those of you that do not know I do dye my hair red every now and then so I do try to go for products that are for color treated hair (: this is the deep conditioner that I am currently using and I have to say that so far I am very happy with it! It has a really nice smell and I do feel like it moisturizes my hair pretty well (: I can see myself repurchasing this and I do recommend it to anyone with color treated hair. Again full review coming soon. (:

So to all my curly sisters who have not hopped on the deep conditioning train yet you better get going. Trust me your hair will love you and thank you for it (:

Well guys that is all for this post!

Be safe and I will see you in my next post (:

Lets be friends!!

No comments:

Post a Comment