Friday, March 7, 2014

REVIEW: Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie


Hello beauties! I am back with another post and this is going to be a review on a product that I have loved for a while now. 

It's the Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie. 

So let's get started!


One thing I really like about this product is the smell. I've never actually smelled hibiscus but when you mix it with a little coconut and Shea Butter it as quite pleasing to the nose. It is not over powering but it is definitely not a light smell. 


Next is the consistency. This product is very thick. In fact I was a little worried about trying it for the first time because I was afraid it would weigh my hair down and make it look oily. However, despite the thickness it does very well with my hair. I do find myself washing my hair twice a week instead if just once when I use it though. 


Since I have naturally curly hair I have to be careful of the products i use in my hair because there are certain ingredients that will dry out my hair. This product, along with the rest of the Shea Moisture line, does not have these ingredients which I really love.


Finally, my results. I love using this product as a moisturizer most of the time but sometimes I will use it as a styler to do pin curls or Bantu knots. I like that it moisturizes and defines my curls without weighing my hair down. 

The only thing that I so not like about this product is the price. It was around $11 the last time that I bought it. Even though it is a bit pricey I would say that it's worth it if you have dry hair like mine. 

Overall I really love this product and whenever I can afford to I will certainly repurchase it. 

I bought the Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie at Target. 

Well guys that is it for this post!

Have you tried this product? What did you think? Let me know in the comments!

Be safe and I will see you in my next post!

       

No comments:

Post a Comment