Thursday, October 24, 2013

Two DIY Deep Conditioning Treatments! (:

Hello my beauty lovers, so those of you who follow my blog know that I am a proud curly girlie and I am an advocate for healthy hair in general but more specifically for curly hair and one of the most important regimens for curly hair is deep conditioning. I know that not everyone has the resources to go out and buy a really expensive deep conditioner so today I am going to show you guys how to make two deep conditioners on your own for less than $15 maybe less than that depending on where you shop (:

The only things that you guys are going to need for the first deep conditioner is:

Coconut oil! (You can also use olive but I prefer coconut)


So the reason that coconut oil is so good for hair is because it has a very small molecular structure which means that it can really penetrate the hair shaft and moisturize the hair. It also helps with protein loss which is great for curly hair. 

Your favorite conditioner:

Your conditioner already moisturizes your hair, the coconut oil is just going to give it a little bit of a boost. I do not use this masque as much because I do not have many conditioners that I like to use in conjunction with it but when I do I will use my Organix Coconut Milk Conditioner.

So on to the measurements:

Depending on how long and thick your hair is you want to use between 1 - 4 cups of your conditioner 
However much of your conditioner you use just cut it in half and that is how much coconut oil you should use (:
Then you just mix them together and you are done!

Moving on to the next masque (: you will still need coconut oil but for this one, you also need:

Honey!


Some people like to use raw honey because it has not been processed but I have found that regular honey works just as well. So the thing about honey is that it is a natural humectant which means that it attracts moisture from the air. Which means that it will keep your hair moisturized by locking in the moisture from the air (: plus it is really moisturizing in it's own right.

Eggs!


Eggs are really awesome for hair! Number one the egg yolk adds moisture to the hair and they also add protein! Which means they are especially good for girls with curly hair! However if you want to lock onto the needs of your hair specifically use the egg yolk for dry hair because it adds moisture and use the egg white for oily hair because it will suck up the excess oil.

Now for the measurements:

Again going off the length and thickness of your hair you want between 1 - 3 cups of coconut oil
Take a third of that and that is how much honey you add
Then add one large egg (: two if your hair is really long and thick

Once you have all of the ingredients measured out all you have to do is mix it up and you are set to condition! You may have to mix this one a little bit more because the honey and coconut oil do not blend well.

Application:

So you want to wash your hair as usual and then pat it dry with a t-shirt just so that it is not dripping wet. Then you want to comb through it gently just to smooth it out. What I do is split my hair into four sections, two on the bottom and two on the top, then going one section at a time just apply this mixture to your hair till it is completely saturated. When you are done with that cover it with a plastic bag to lock in the heat from your body and leave it on for at least 45 mins. 

I choose to leave it on for at least two hours because I really want to make sure my hair gets moisturized. Then afterwards rinse it out with warm water, not hot water.

I do not wash the deep conditioner out of my hair, I only rinse it and finger detangle until I feel like I have gotten the thickness of it out of my hair. However, if you want to wash it out make sure you use a nourishing shampoo and not one that has harsh ingredients in it like sulfates and parabens.

Okay guys that is it for this post (:

Be safe and I will see you in my next post!

Lets be friends!!
www.ebonyjaybeautymyway.com
http://glipho.com/ebonyjaybeauty

No comments:

Post a Comment