Monday, October 28, 2013

HOW TO: Trim Your Own Hair! (:

Hello friends (: so today is going to be yet another hair care post and it is going to be about how to trim your hair. Now I have researched it and there is no proof that trimming your hair makes it grow faster however it does improve the overall look and feel of your hair if you trim your dead ends.

I never go to the salon to get my ends trimmed for two reasons. One because the salon does not know the meaning if the word "trim" and they end up taking off way more than I want. Two because I do not like paying for something that I can do on my own for free. 

So I know some people say that you should trim your hair once ever few months but I do not believe that does is a good idea. If you trim your hair faster than it grows then guess what guys....it will not get any longer. So only trim my hair when I feel like it needs it. And that is usually once every six months.

So lets get on with the tutorial (:

So all I do is wash and condition my hair. This is not for any particular reason I just like my hair to be clean and moisturized before I do this (:


Next, while my hair is still damp, I take my hair and I braid it into four braids, two in the front and two in the back.  I do this because I feel that it makes the trimming more accurate.


So I braid my hair down until there is only about an inch or so left then I tie it off with a rubber band.


Then, and this is the hardest part you guys, I just chop of the ends below the band.


And that's it! (:

Have you ever trimmed your hair on your own? How often do you trim your ends? (: Respond down below in the comments!

I know this might seem really simple and i apologize for this post being so short but I do not stress too much about trimming my hair because I take constant care of my hair. I will say that they are important but it is not something you should break your neck for unless you are just beginning to transition back to your natural hair texture, but I'll take more about that in my next post(:

Well guys that is it for this post!

Be safe and I will see you guys in my next post! (:

No comments:

Post a Comment