Saturday, February 22, 2014

BLOGGER BUDDIES SERIES: Using Pinterest and Tumblr for Blogging


Hello lovelies! I am back with another Blogger Buddies post and this is going to be about using Pinterest and Tumblr for Blogging. 

So let's get started!


One thing that Pinterest and Tumblr are really good for are inspiration. So one thing that I do on pinterest is keep an inspiration board. This is where I pin things that inspire me or things that make me think. I use this board to get out of writers block and I also use it to come up with new post ideas! The same is true for Tumblr. When I see something that inspires me I will reblog it so that i can find it later. You can even create a whole Tumblr blog just for things you find inspiring!


Another great idea is (obviously) to sahre your images and/or videos on Pinterest and Tumblr. This can get your blog noticed by a wider audience. A few tips on this:
  • (Pinterest only) I recommend creating a whole board just for pictures and images from your blog. This keeps your other boards from getting cluttered
  • Use Hastags. This will ensure that your posts are getting seen by people who share your interests. Be careful! Too many hashtags can override a post. Normally you should only about three.
  • Write your own description. Obviously you do not want to write a novel but you want to describe your image and/or video in an interesting way so that people are intrigued by it












Probably the best feature about Pinterest and Tumblr is that you can easily interact with your audience and a build a relationship with them. By liking, repinning/reblogging and commenting on other people's post you are interacting with potential readers. Eventually people will start to do the same to you. This will get your pins noticed by others and can also build your audience. I am a firm believer in building strong relationships since blogging is essentially a team sport!

The biggest part of using these social media outlets is just posting content that is interesting to your audience and making sure that you are engaging with them. And remember to give praise to others because if it is just an endless parade of you then you may not get a very good response from others. And remember, it's those relationships you build that are important!

Well guys that is it for this post!

How do you use Pinterest and/or Tumblr for your blogging needs? Let me know in the comments!

Be safe and I will see you in my next post!


       

No comments:

Post a Comment