Monday, January 5, 2015

No Heat Challenge Heatless Hairstyle: Twist Out

Hello everyone!

As you all know from my Hiatus post I am doing a year long no heat challenge.

Part of my challenge is that I am going to try a different heatless style every week. This will not only help expand my knowledge of different styles available to me during this challenge but also to keep me from getting bored with my hair thus causing me to straighten it.

This week I decided to try my first twist out!


 In order to keep my edges in check I decided to make the front twists flat, sort of like french braiding but with twists.


I didn't want to use rubber bands so I just twirled the end of my hair around my finger to keep it from coming a loose as it dried.

After I had my entire head twisted I waited a few hours for my hair to dry.

To set this style all I used in my hair was water and my homemade leave in conditioner.







To give my hair some volume I just added a pompadour (:

Then when I went to sleep that night all I did was toss it into a side braid and in the morning I took it down. My twists were still intact and they had a little more fluff and volume!


Well that's the result and tutorial for my twist out!

Will you be trying this on your own hair? What do you think of the results?

Be safe and I'll see you in my next post!

       
Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment