Monday, December 29, 2014

Hiatus, No heat challenge and new things!

Hello everyone!


I know that I have been gone for a few months and that is because I have poor planning and time management skills (something that I am not particularly proud of).

I started college (university college not community college college) and I got a bit over my head with everything that I was attempting to do so my blog had to take the back burner for a bit.

Now that I'm on winter break I have time to restart my focus on my blog and my schoolwork.

On to my no heat challenge!

As you all know I am a natural hair advocate and I have decided to take a huge leap into the world of natural hair. I will be attempting to go a whole year without using any kind of heat on my hair, starting January 1st 2015. No flat iron, no hooded dryer, no blow dryer, nothing.

I will be using my blog to document the entire process.

In addition to no heat I will also be:

  • Drinking 2L to 3L of water a day.
  • Working out for at least an hour.
  • Trying new kinds of heatless styles (twist outs, bantu knots, etc) at least one a week.
  • Wearing my hair in a protective for at least one day out of the week (I'm going to shot for three though).
  • No fast food (healthy body = healthy hair)
I'm really hoping to not only improve the health of my hair from this challenge but also, hopefully, retain some length!

And now on to my "new things"!

I am very excited to be sharing that I will be starting my own Natural Hair Care line!

Lately I have being making the products that I use on my hair for two reasons:
  • That way I know there's no harmful substances in my products
  • It's less expensive
I'm going to be starting small, selling to to friends and family members but I am going to be opening up an Etsy store for anyone who would be interested in trying what I cook up for my hair. All the ingredients are natural and will be on the packaging and I am hoping to make it as cost effective as possible.

So more news on that to come!

And lastly, thank you all for reading to the end of this post. I really appreciate you guys for supporting me especially through the meltdown that my brain was going through these past few months.

Be safe and I will see you in my next post!

        

No comments:

Post a Comment