Thursday, May 22, 2014

HEY CURLY GIRLS, LET'S TALK: Conditioners


Hello curly haired beauties!

Moisture is extremely important to maintain healthy hair especially if your hair is curly because the texture of curly hair causes it to be drier than other hair types.

Conditioner is one of the easiest ways to ad instant moisture to your hair so it is important that you are using the right one, or ones.

The biggest thing you want to look for when you are choosing a conditioner for your hair is the ingredients. There are certain ingredients that you should keep your hair away from such as silicones, sulfates and parabens.

A dead giveaway is the suffix -cone. Anything that ends in -cone is usually something you do not want in your hair because it can cause more dryness.

In this post I am going to show you a few of the conditioners that I have used over the years that work or have worked very well for me and my hair.

The first is...


I have not tried many products from Tresemme, but the ones that I have tried I have liked a lot and this conditioner is no different. In addition to the great ingredients this conditioner is a fantastic prince at a little under $6.

Next...


These conditioners get a bad rap because you can pretty much find them in any store including the 99 cent store and a lot of people think that because they are so cheap that they don't work as well as the high end brands. Well those people are wrong. I love the Suave conditioners because of the price, the smell and the ingredients.

Next...


For those of you who read my blog regularly then you know about this conditioner already because I talk about it a lot. Organix is an amazing line and most of it's conditioners are perfect for curly hair because of the absence of harsh ingredients.

Finally...


This conditioner is a bit more controversial in my mind than the others. It is a great conditioner and I really like it but it has a few ingredients that I could live without. Herbal Essences's conditioners always have really great scents as well. And it just goes to show you that you have to try some things out to find what works for your hair and what doesn't.

The best advice that I can give anyone who is looking for a good conditioner is to try new things. Different brands have different strong points. So go out there and take some risks.

What are your favorites conditioners? Let me know in the comments!

Be safe and I'll see you in my next post.

       

No comments:

Post a Comment