Thursday, May 1, 2014

BLOGGER BUDDIES SERIES: How To Create An Editorial Calendar

An editorial calendar is a schedule and/or list of posts, videos, tutorials or anything that, as a blogger, you want to put on your blog. It keeps you organized and on track which is critical when you are first starting and even after you gain a steady following.

There are many ways that you can do an editorial calendar but in this post I am going to show you haw I have chosen to do mine.

I use Google calendar because I can customize it to my liking and there a lot of different options that make staying organized easy for me.

So let's get started.

First you need to make a Google account if you do not already have one.


It is free to sign up to Google and once you do you have access to all of the services that it provides such as, e-mail, Google docs and YouTube.

Next you need to set up your calendar


When you search for Google calendar it will take you here. All you need to do now is create your calendar, meaning you give it a name.

Once you have your name you can give your calendar a color which comes in handy when you start creating multiple calendars.

Once you have your editorial calendar set up like I have, there are a few things that you must decide:

  • How often do you want to post
  • What kind of posts do you want to do
Ideally I post 6 times a week. My posts are recurring so it is easy for me to schedule.

This is how a week in my calendar looks.


I create the posts that I want to do has recurring events so that way all I have to do is go in and edit the event according to the post I want to do that week.






And it is that simple.

I do that for all of the posts I do for my blog. I include favorites in series posts on Thursdays and I always review products on Fridays, that way there's uniformity.

That is it for this post.

Was this tutorial helpful? Does it inspire you to start your own editorial calendar? Let me know in the comments!


        

No comments:

Post a Comment