Sunday, December 8, 2013

#TheSkinProject: Exfoliating

Hello beauty friends I am back with another post for #theskinproject and this post is going to be about exfoliating.


Now a lot of people don't exfoliate because they don't know how beneficial it is to your skin. When you exfoliate you're not only cleansing your skin but you are getting off all the dead skin cells that just sit on top of your face.

You can follow Lianne on Twitter, also if you want to get involved with the #TheSkinProject or just want more information check out her post here!

So let's get started with my favorite products I like to use to exfoliate!


The first is from Dermologica and it is their daily microfoliant and I really like this exfoliator because not only is it really fun to use but it also gets those dead skin cells off of my face and actually makes my face feel a lot smoother and a lot softer after I use it.

I got the travel size in my goodie bag when I went to the iFabbo social media conference but I actually went back to the website and bought a full-size after that one was gone.

It really is one of my favorite products to exfoliate my face. The only thing about it is that I have to use more moisturizer than I do usually because I feel like it dries out my skin a little bit but that's not a huge deal to me.

The next exfoliant I use is actually a DIY exfoliator that I make myself and all I do is take some brown sugar, some honey and olive oil and I'll mix them together until it gets to a pasty consistency but it's not too oily and then just take it and I actually use this exfoliator all over my body.

So I'll get in the shower and I wash my body then I'll use the brown sugar scrub all over my body and it makes my skin feel really soft and because of the honey and the olive oil my body actually is smoother and softer and I don't feel like my skin is really dry after I use it.

Also the reason I like doing the do-it-yourself exfoliant is because first of all I know that the products are all natural. There's no chemicals involved, there's no processing and I just really like how it makes my skin feel.

So usually I'll use the microfoliant on my face and I'll use the brown sugar scrub all over my body.

At the very least I exfoliate my skin two times a week. On a good week I'll exfoliate my skin four times a week and the reason for that is that I like my skin to be moisturized and I like my skin to be completely devoid of dead skin cells because I am a germophobe and it really makes me uncomfortable to know that there are dead skin cells on my body even though I know that I can't help it. I just like to exfoliate as much as I can so that I don't feel as dirty throughout the week.

I know it seems weird but there's really nothing I can do. It's just how I feel about my body and my skin and it's really how I've always felt so I do not think it's going to change anytime soon (:

Well guys that is it for this post!

What kind of exfoliators do you use on your skin and how often do you use them? Let me know in the comments (:

Be safe and I'll see you in my next post!

Lets be friends!!

No comments:

Post a Comment