Monday, December 9, 2013

BLOGGER BUDDIES SERIES: Create Relationships

Hello blogger friends I am back with another post and today I am going to be doing another installment of my blogger buddies series and this post is going to be all about how to create relationships through blogging.


Relationships are really important because the people who read and comment on your blog are the people who are going to be supporting you and pushing you to be where you want to go. So it's essential that you create those relationships and make those friendships that you can use to not only improve your blogging but make connections with other people.

So let's get started with comments!


The way that I look at creating relationships and making connections is really just making friends. So if you want someone to comment on your blog it only makes sense for you to comment on theirs. And after you do you can send them a little message saying "hey I checked out your blog I think it's great I left a comment would you mind checking out mine?" and they will either say yes and check it out or they'll say no. And don't get mad if they say no just take it with a smile and try again.

Spam is a NO NO!


One thing that you have to remember when you do this is that you do not want to spam other people's blogs. So you do not want to comment on someone's blog only to leave your own blog link because that is just really disrespectful and a lot of people do not like it.

There are some bloggers that encourage you to leave your blog links but there are others who will tell you specifically not to leave your blog link in the comments so make sure you are paying attention to that because you don't want anyone mad at you for doing something that they did not want you to do.

Be Active!


Another factor that you have to consider when you're trying to create relationships is being active with your supporters. So if you are on Twitter you want to be constantly tweeting, you want to constantly be talking to your followers, talking to your supporters, asking questions, answering their questions. If you see there is a fellow blogger who has a question or they need help ask them what they need or answer their question to help them out. Anything to keep in contact with them. Anything to keep talking to them, to let them know that you are there, will help you create relationships with people who are basically supporting you. You have to be active enough to listen to them.

When I'm on Twitter I am constantly scrolling down my newsfeed and scouring the hashtags looking for bloggers to talk to. If they have questions or even looking for new blog to read. Always looking for those people who are helping me and looking for ways to help them out and that is what creating relationships is all about. It is basically give-and-take and you only get what you put out.


Another great way to create relationships with people is to attend as many events as possible. I remember when I started my blog I found out about the iFabbo social media conference and I remember how badly that I wanted to go. So I made it a point that I was going to get there. It didn't matter what I had to do because I knew that order to make connections with other people I have to go out and find them. I have to go and have conversations with them and attending events is the easiest way to do that. Plus it is always fun to meet new bloggers and get new blog tips and stuff like that. 

The hard thing about attending events is finding events that are in your area. I know living in California there's a lot of blogger events that take place but sometimes it may be too far away from me and I have to shrug it off and look for something else. 


But I know that IMATS in LA is coming up and I will be attending that. So any other bloggers that are interested all you have to do is search IMATS on Google and it'll take you to get tickets or learn about the event and everything that you need. So you just have to look. You have to just get out there and I promise it will pay off.


Another really easy way to create relationships with other bloggers is to just post or accept guest posts onto your blog because when you work with someone to create something for their blog or create something for your blog it really makes a lasting relationship. I have done guest posts for other people's blogs and I'm always accepting guest post on my blog and I know that after I have worked with someone I'm always going back and checking out their blog because I've worked on it and it really kind of makes me feel a part of their experience and a part of making their blog better and helping them out. It really is a great way to create that relationship with other people.


The last way that I'm gonna say to make relationships is to share. When you read someone's post or you watch someone's video, share it. Share on every social media site that you have because it only takes two seconds to say hey check out this video or check out this person's post. If you're on Twitter and you are scrolling down your newsfeed and you see someone who's trying to get 200 followers on BlogLovin' retweet it. It takes literally five seconds to retweet something and you can take that out of your day to help someone who's supporting you because they're taking the time to follow you.


One last thing before I end this post, be grateful. Whether you have 1 follower or 1 million. Be grateful that there are people out there that want to support you. Thank them as often as you can, every chance you get. I am so thankful to all of my supporters because they have all inspired me to continue doing what I love.

Well guys that is it for this post (:

What are your tips on creating relationships? Let me know in the comments (:

Be safe and I'll see you in my next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment