Tuesday, September 10, 2013

REVIEW, PHOTOS AND SWATCHES: LA Colors Jumbo Eyeliner Pencils

Hello lovelies, today I am going to be doing a review on the jumbo eyeliner pencils by LA Colors.


I got the colors Sunglasses, which is just a simple black color, Sea Shells which is white and Relaxation which is a shimmery brown.

I chose these colors because they are the colors that I use the most but after using these three colors I am convinced to buy more (: so moving on the the review.

First is Sunglasses.




I normally like my eyeliner to wing out and I was pleasantly surprised when I found that this pencil allowed me to do that. The pencil is very dark and very easy to apply. Literally if you just lightly tap the tip of the pencil you will get some black, I like that. I do not have to use a lighter or any kind of heat on this pencil. It is very soft and VERY pigmented. Sometimes I also use it to darken my eyebrows, I just dab my angle brush on the tip and I am good to go!



This pencil is very smooth and it lasts throughout the entire day. Since I tend to have really long days this is important to me (:

Next is Sea Shells.



Okay obviously I do not wear my white liner like this everyday but I do wear it on my water line when I want to appear more awake and I do not want my eyes to look like a zombie. This pencil was not as soft as Sunglasses but it does apply very easily and the pigmentation is good. However on my waterline I find myself having to reapply every few hours but I think that is just because my eyes water so much during the day.



I have had bad experiences with other white liner that actually scratched my water line because they were not soft enough and I did not have that problem with this pencil.

Last but not least is Relaxation.


So I ran out of eyes to sample on (: so instead I used the brown pencil on my lips (something I had never tried before) and it was not bad at all. It did not make my lips feel dry and it actually almost felt like a lipstick which I think is great. Just like the other two it is very pigmented and it goes on very easily and smooth. This color also has some shimmer to it which I think is nice.


There other thing that I like about these pencils is that they are very thick and durable. I have broken a pencil or two in my time (:

So all in all combined with the price (I got mine for $1.98 each) I'd say that these pencils are a really good sensible buy for someone who is in love with eyeliner like I am. Even for a person who wants to experiment with colors I would say that this is an excellent place to start.

Have you tried LA Colors Jumbo Pencil before? What do you think of them? Comment down below! (:

Well guys that is it for this post (:

Be safe and I will see you in my next post!

Lets be friends!!

12 comments:

  1. Great post! We wish they were available here too. We followed you! Check out our blog here. --> http://ourbeautywonderland.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks (: I definitely will!

      Thanks for stopping by (:

      Delete
  2. I've never tried these before but I love the selection of colours! What a great idea using the brown pencil for lips. Love the blog :) Toni xx

    ohheytone.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks (: they really are amazing and LA Colors does not get a lot of recognition for them

      Thanks for stopping by (:

      Delete
  3. You really can't go wrong at $1.98, I'll have to try these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The price is definitely a plus (:

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. I've got quite a few of these myself they are really nicely pigmented, smooth, soft but I find it hard to make these work without a primer underneath them because I have super oily skin. Good review!

    www.themakeupkit.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! Sometimes I have to use a primer too or they smudge a little bit but nothing too terrible (:

      Thanks for stopping by (:

      Delete
  5. Great color variety! Do you think they'd work on the waterline?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I use the white color on my waterline almost everyday they are really versatile (:

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. Those are so cool!! I love the soft gel eyeliners and those colors are great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! They're my favorite (:

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete