Monday, August 19, 2013

August 2013 Ipsy Glam Bag Review and Pictures!

Ipsy Glam Bag August 2013

Hey guys so today I am going to be doing a review on the products that I recieved in my August Ipsy Bag. This was my first bag so I was really excited about all of the products but I was really happy with the ones that I received so lets get started.

1. Michael Todd Pumpkin Nutrient Rich Facial Mask

Michael Todd Pumpkin Nutrient Rich Facial Mask 

I was actually really nervous to try this product because on the bottle it says for all skin types EXCEPT sensitive. I have very sensitive skin so I was very cautious when I tried this product. When I applied it to my face (after washing of course) there was a slight stinging that escalated to a painful burning after about a minute so I did not leave it on for very long. Maybe 4 minutes later I rinsed the mask off and followed up with my Neutrogena Oil Free Moisturizer for Sensitive Skin. After washing the mask off my face felt AMAZING!!! My face felt soft and smooth, there was some redness but the disappeared after a few minutes. Overall, aside from the burning, I would say this is a really good product and I recommend it.

2. Noya Vanilla Lip Balm

Noya Vanilla lip Balm 

So, there really is not anything super special about this lip balm except the smell. It is very moisturizing and goes on really smooth but I found that it does not last very long. I was constantly reapplying it throughout the day. There were two scents that were available in this month's bag, cherry and vanilla, and I was very happy that I got the vanilla scent because it really is quite intoxicating. Overall I would say it's something nice to get in my bag but I do not think I'll be running out to buy it.

3. Pacifica Alight Multi Mineral BB Cream


Pacifica Alight Multi Mineral BB Cream

I was really happy when I saw that I got this product in my bag because it is the same BB cream that AndreasChoice uses and I really trust her opinion when it comes to makeup. The last BB cream I used burned my face so badly so I was excited to try something new. So this product adds a very sheer tint to your skin in order to diminish pores and even out skin tone. It comes out of the tube much lighter than my skin tone, however when I blend it into my skin it does match up quite nicely. Also it does add a bit of shimmer to your look which makes your skin look dewey almost as if you are not wearing makeup. It is very light and creates a nice base or is great if you're just going for a simple summer look. Overall I love this product and I will be buying the full size (:

4. Pixi Lash Booster Mascara Blackest Black


Pixi Lash Booster Mascara Blackest Black 

Now I love mascara but this mascara did not really jump out at me. The brush did not coat my lashes the way that I wanted it to. I also was not aware that it is a waterproof mascara which I'm also not fond of. Overall this product did not impress me. It was an okay filler for the bag but not something I would break my neck to buy.

5. Nyx Cream Blush Orange
Nyx Cream Blush Orange 

Last but not least, this cream blush by Nyx was the least impressive...as a blush. It is a deep orange color that I would never wear on my cheeks. However, I started using it as an eye shadow because I needed a similar color for my smokey eye and it worked! It is pigmented really well and showed up great on my eyelid. I am not a blush girl anyway. Overall I would recommend this product for people who wear blush and eye shadow because it has a dual purpose.

Thanks guys for reading this post. Stay tuned for more! If you want to sign up for a Glam Bag click this link: http://www.ipsy.com/?refer=u-hj0yn24zeg6u3l0.

Remember I'll be posting every Monday and Friday! (:

Lets be friends!!





Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. I love vanilla lip products and that lip balm sounds lovely! :)
    emmerliejay x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is awesome I love it (:

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete