Wednesday, August 21, 2013

My Summer Time Makeup Tips!!!

Hello Lovelies!!!

I know that summer is almost over so that is why I decided to do this post now so we can all be beautiful and natural for this last week (:

So for summer I tend wear less makeup because I find that when I wear a lot of makeup in the summer I break out more. So I'm just gonna give you guys a few simple tips that I use in the summertime or when I know it's gonna be really hot. Enjoy!

I apologize for the lighting the sun is being weird today. But anyway this is my summer time face.

Tip #1 - Stay hydrated!
This might not seem like a beauty tip but think about it. When you are properly hydrated which means drinking water and using moisturizer daily your skin is going to look so much healthier. Also makeup will go onto your face better it will also keep you from braking out as much because water will flush all of the toxins out of your system

Tip #2 Keep it light!
You do not want to wear heavy makeup in the summer time because the heat will make you sweat and the sweat mixed with your makeup will create oil and that seeping into your pores may cause you to break out. So my tip is to skip the foundation and opt for a BB cream or a tinted moisturizer instead. And if you do not have one and do not want to spend money on one then just take some of your daily moisturizer and some of your foundation (not too much) and mix them together. Again you do not want to use too much because even this can get heavy if you do, just use enough to get your skin tone even an then go over your blemishes with some concealer. Here are the products I use:

Pacifica Alight Multi Mineral BB Cream
Neutrogena Oil Free Moisture For Sensitive Skin
Maybelline New York Fit Me Liquid Foundation 340


Tip #3 Powder and Bronzer, less is more!
Now you do not want to have this beautiful natural face and cover it all up with powder and bronzer. Just dust on a little an then PUT IT AWAY! lol. Let me just take a moment to say why I love bronzer so much. I brings life to my face and it make me look a lot warmer and tanner than I actually am which I like (: These are the products I use:

Maybelline New York Fit Me Powder Foundation 340

City Cosmetics Bronzer and Blush Palette
Tip #4 To line or not to line?
I usually skip eyeliner in the summer unless I'm going somewhere special. What I'll do instead is take a darkish brown eyeshadow and line my eyes that way or sometimes I skip eyelining all together.

Tip #5 Mascara, my old friend
I am notorious for wearing a million coats of mascara but I do tone it done in the summer because I swim a lot in the summer and that just does not look good coming out of the water. So in the summer I'll only do a really thin layer of waterproof brown or black mascara. I use this mascara by Apple Cosmetics.

Apple Cosmetics Blackest Black Waterproof Mascara
Tip #6 I can't believe I forgot...it's prime time!
Okay so this tip should really be number one. Who really puts on their makeup before priming? I'll tell you who! Primer virgins (: I use a primer every single day I put on makeup sometimes I even wear it alone. That's how great it is. Primers minimize the look of pores and it makes the makeup you apply adhere to your face better so that it lasts all day.So basically primer is really important. I use this primer by Rimmel London.

Rimmel London Fix and Perfect Pro Primer
Tip #7 Last but not least...lips!
During the summer I tend to stray away from lipsticks and lipglosses and instead reach for my favorite lip balm or lip stain. Some lip colors can be really heavy on your lips plus if you spend a lot of lime outside the wind could blow your hair onto your lips and then it gets stuck in your hair and you drag it across your face and it's just a vicious cycle. And in the summer I want to keep my lips really low maintenance.

Left to Right:
Eos Lip Balm, Noya Lip Balm in Vanilla, Wet n Wild Megalast Liquid Lip Color "Do I Make You Blush?"
Okay guys that is it. Those are my summer time makeup tips for you guys. Just be light and natural it is summer after all (: have fun and be safe. See you guys in my next post!

Lets be friends!!





  Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. I am not much of a make-up person, but I do have my staple products. Lip gloss, eyeliner. LOL!Great tips!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks (: everyone should have go to product just for a touch of color (:

    Thanks for stopping by (:

    ReplyDelete