Friday, November 15, 2013

HEY CURLY GIRLS, LETS TALK: Protective Hairstyles

Hello beautiful people (: before I start with this post I want to take a moment to thank you for taking the time to read this post (: it really means a lot to me that you have taken a moment out of your busy day to read my little blog (:

Anyway! This post is a another installment of my Hey Curly Girls, Let's Talk series (: and this post is going to be all about protective hairstyles which are just hairstyle that keep your ends from being exposed to the elements or being rubbed against your clothes.

These are hairstyles that I do on a regular basis to protect my hair and I have had a lot of success with them so lets get started! (:

Style #1: Simple Top Knot


  1. Smooth out your hair and bring it all up to the top of your head
  2. Then start twisting it and wrapping it around into a bun
  3. Tuck your ends into the bun and secure it with a few bobby pins
  4. Accessorize (:
Style #2: Braided Top Knot



  1. Smooth out your hair and bring it all to the top of your head and tie it into a high ponytail
  2. Then separate your hair into three equal sections and start braiding
  3. Tie off the end of your braid and then start wrapping it around into a bun
  4. Tuck the ends of your hair into the bun and secure it with bobby pins 
  5. Accessorize (:
Style #3: Side Knot With A Twist



  1. Section off the front part of your hair and pin it out of the way
  2. Take the rest of your hair and twist it into a side bun and secure it with bobby pins
  3. Then take the sectioned off hair and take a chunk of hair from one side of your head and separate it into two sections
  4. Then start twisting the sections around each other picking up hair as you make your way down the sectioned off hair
  5. Then take the finished twist and wrap it around your bun and secure with bobby pins
  6. Accessorize
Style #4: Messy Bun With Bump



  1. First section of a front section o fhair and pin it away
  2. Then take the rest of your hair and secure it into a high ponytail
  3. Then, holding the end of your hair, wrap it around into a loose bun and secure with bobby pins (don't worry if it looks messy, that's the point (: )
  4. Then take the sectioned off hair and pull it back towards the bun give it a little twist and pin it down with some bobby pins
  5. Take the excess hair from your bump and pin it into your bun (:
  6. Accessorize!

Style #5:  Triple Bun Bouquet

  1. Smooth out your hair and brush all of your hair to the back
  2. Then section your hair into three equal sections
  3. Then, one at a time, take a section and twist it into a bun and secure with bobby pins
  4. Accessorize (:
(Since this style was in the back of my head I couldn't get a good picture by myself so I'll be sure to upload a few later when I get some help (: )

So guys these are all bun hairstyles that I love to wear myself and they work great as protective hairstyles (:

Do you like to wear your hair in a bun? What's your favorite out of these five? (: Let me know in the comments below!

Okay guys that is it for this post!

Be safe and I will see you in my next post (:

No comments:

Post a Comment